Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WOW Seven Years!

Yesterday my husband John and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary. We have been together for eleven years but the last seven have just flown by. It might have something to do with the three children that we've had in that time. I remember our wedding like it was yesterday, crazy how time flies. I made him a little something and thought I'd share it with you. It was my first time painting on a canvas. Thank you Arlene for inspiring me. I had a great time and can't wait to try it again.



I used inexpensive acrylic paint brushed and smeared it on to the canvas.


Then I painted some bubble wrap and stamped it around randomly.


I used vintage photo distress ink and a blending tool to give my photos an aged or sepia type of look.


I also took an old music sheet and patterned paper and tore the edges and adhered them to the canvas with mod podge.


I used a couple of different background stamps and mod podged some tool down and heat set it to give some dimension and texture.



After playing around with the different embellies I finally came up with this collage layout.


Thanks for stoppin' by.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much!!
    Your talents amaze me.
    Love you
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...