Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

One thing I love about having my own blog is that I can write on it when ever I want. Three times a day or not for 2 weeks. Yesterday was Mother's day, I had a pretty good day. The weather was cold, so my plans for playing outside with the kids and planting flowers didn't happen. So we played inside and took it easy for a while. We had donuts from the local bakery that was a nice treat. The kids each gave me a card that they picked out with daddy and inside was a gift card for Home Depot to get some more flowers. My husband surprised me with a mac laptop and wireless internet. I'm so happy!!!! Lately with having to feed Adelyn so often, I'm sitting in the living room breastfeeding and thinking of all the other things I could be getting done. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the time I have with her but I could also be paying bills, responding to emails, keeping up with my Uppercase Living job and writing in my blog. So there I was feeding Adelyn in the chair in the living room surfing the web and watching HGTV, life's good!!

After Claire woke up from her nap we went over to John's parents house to say happy mother's day to his mom and give her her gift. I thought we could go to home depot after that so I could pick out some new flowers. We stayed at John's parents a little longer than I thought we would. It was 5:30 by the time we were leaving so I decided that I wanted Chinese for dinner and after that we could go get flowers. This was the first time that all five of us went to a restaurant together. I told John that I could handle the baby and keep her happy if he would help the other two with their food.

As soon as we sat down the baby started to cry, she was hungry, so I started to feed her. John went and got the kids their food everything was going pretty good, Claire tipped over her choc. milk but only a little bit spilled out. John probably made 10 trips back and forth getting everyone their food. We were about half way through when Claire got that too familiar look on her face and started to gag. Once that happens we know she's going to get sick. Sure enough John's holding her hair back while she is puking into a plate on the table. By the time it was done she had filled up two plates. I don't know whats with me but in recent years I can't handle the smell and start to gag. So our poor little girl just puked up her dinner, I'm next to her gagging and trying not to throw up. All the while Loch's saying how gross it is and that he can't watch and mommy mommy please don't do it. John and I both said in unison Lochlan be quiet!! Luckily I didn't get sick and Adelyn was very good during the whole thing since I had to put her down quickly to help Claire.

After all of that we were pretty much done. Then we went by McDonalds to get Claire a chix nugget and apple dippers. We went over to home depot to get some flowers and they had just closed. That was a big bummer b/c it was going to be nice to have some help with the kids while I picked stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...